If you wanted to make them a bit more indulgent, you can make the salted caramel I used for the salted caramel buttercream and drizzle a little bit on top of each cookie. The sharpness of the caramel would offset some of the sweetness of the cookie; especially good if you don't have as much of a sweet tooth as I do! I managed to make 8 quite large ones, so you could easily make 12 smaller ones if you wanted!
50g unsalted butter
100g light brown soft sugar
180g jarred apple sauce
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2) Place the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until soft and fluffy.
3) Add the apple sauce and mix thoroughly.
4) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon together.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
6) Fold in the sultanas/raisins
7) Place walnut-sized spoonfuls onto the baking sheet, spaced apart slightly.
8) Bake for around 12-14 minutes until golden around the edges but still soft.
9) Allow to cool on the baking sheet until firm then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.